The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide health pandemic by the World Health Organization. The Ontario Lacrosse Association (OLA) has put preventative measures in place to reduce the spread of this extremely contagious disease, however the OLA cannot guarantee that participants will not become infected with COVID-19. Furthermore, participating in lacrosse activities could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. All league and club representatives must work to minimize or eliminate the risk associated with COVID-19 by following the OLA's Return to Activity Guidelines.
Until this form has been signed by the Club/Association President, no representative may act or engage in Return to Activity.
I, the undersigned, hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document on behalf of my club/association:
- OLA Club/Association members and representatives have read, understood, and agree to abide by the Ontario Lacrosse Association's Return to Activity Guide as circulated and posted on the OLA's website;
- OLA Club/Association members and representatives have read, understood, and agree to abide by their municipality's rules, regulations, and protocols;
- OLA Club/Association is in good standing with the Ontario Lacrosse Association, including up to date with all OLA invoices to date, and all Club/Association members (athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, etc) are duly-registered members in good standing with the Ontario Lacrosse Association, which includes signing the appropriate waiver acknowledging understanding of the conditions under which participation will occur, the risk of contracting COVID-19 by participating, and the fact that Ontario Lacrosse Association participant insurance does not cover COVID-19 or any other infectious disease;
- It is understood that, while there are sample drills included within the Ontario Lacrosse Association's Return to Activity guide, representatives of the Club/Association are responsible for establishing their own programs which are designed within the parameters of the Ontario Lacrosse Association's Return to Activity guide in order to offer the safest possible environment for participants that choose to participate. This includes the Club/Association executive being responsible for reviewing materials and passing a motion that acknowledge that the program is offered in accordance with the terms of the Ontario Lacrosse Association's Return to Activity guide.
- This acknowledgement remains in effect until the Ontario Lacrosse Association, acting on the direction of the Provincial Government of Ontario and appropriate Regional Public Health Authorities, determine that the acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no longer required.