The Ontario Lacrosse Association is pleased to announce its 2019 Summer Student Experience Program initiative. The details of two available positions for the 2019 season are found below. Each position offers training, work experience and skills that are transferable to future careers in amateur sport.
Prospective applicants must meet the eligibility criteria to apply:
- All students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years for persons with a disability, if disabled, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- Students must be employed full time for a minimum employment contract length of 246.5 hours or 34 days at 7.25 hours per day.
- Proof of student enrollment must be provided to the employer.
- Students must be residents of Ontario during the period of employment.
- Students must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Candidates are encouraged to apply in the manner indicated within the posting.
The U-19 World Lacrosse Championships 2020 will be held in Limerick, Ireland from July 9-18, 2020. The FIL is currently seeking officials and assessors for this championship. The application deadline is Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 4:00pm EST.
The Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) is the international governing body for men’s and women’s lacrosse. FIL is responsible for the governance and integrity of all forms of lacrosse and provides responsive and effective leadership to support the sport’s development throughout the world.
FIL regularly seeks to identify qualified individuals interested in being considered for volunteer positions within the organization’s governance structure. Along with the experience and competencies required for specific volunteer roles, FIL seeks individuals who will contribute positively to the organization’s operational and cultural development.
Officiating Chairperson Job Description
Officiating Chairperson Nomination Form
Rules Chairperson Job Description
Rules Chairperson Nomination Form